GARAGE SALE: I am looking to get rid of some junk we have and have often disregarded the idea of having a Garage Sale because I feel that I don't own any junk people would want to buy. Then, I start looking around my house at the stuff I need to get rid of and think that possibly, someone might want buy it. If you have any ideas of stuff to sell at a garage sale, let me know! We're planning the "Big Day" for next Saturday, August 16. Wish us luck!
KITTY PROBLEMS: We have 3 indoor cats - yes, 3 of them. Two males and one female, all have been fixed. They have a "kitty door" from the laundry room that leads into the garage where their food, water and litter boxes are. Problems: over the past few months "someone" has been pooping in the garage all over the floor - on the other side of the garage, away from the litter boxes. This is, no doubt, disgusting, especially when the freezer is over there and I am tip-toeing around trying to get food in and out. Needless to say, now on the days the litter boxes are cleaned, so is the garage floor. Next problem, "someone" has been peeing outside of the litter box, namely on our bed! Last week, I washed all of our sheets, blankets, and mattress pads (again) and we slept in the bed Tuesday night. We left for vacation on Wednesday and when we returned Monday evening, guess what? Yep, the bed was soaked again! I had already put black lawn bags all over the mattress before putting on the mattress pad, which prevented the urine from leaking through to the mattress this time. So, I stripped the bed and washed everything AGAIN on Monday night! Needless to say, everything wasn't dry before going to bed, so I put on the mattress pad and left the sheets in the dryer to finish. Then, the next day (Tuesday evening) we were next door eating at the neighbors house for about an hour and a half and I returned home to find that "someone" peed on the mattress pad. I again put the pad in the laundry and now covered my entire freshly made bed with lawn bags just so I could run out to the grocery store. I read that the won't pee on top of aluminum foil or other like materials, but I couldn't see lining out entire King-sized bed with foil. Any ideas? I need to find out which cat(s) is/are the culprit and need to get this to stop! I'm at my wits end and I'm running low on trash bags and laundry detergent! HELP!!!!
2 comments:
Maybe you could sell the cats at the garage sale. HA HA. We have no experience with cats... sorry.
Once a cat pees in one place, they keep going back. We've discovered this the hard way too many times with Leeloo, who is now roaming around Independence somewhere. I hate nothing more than the smell of cat pee. When we had trouble before, we talked to our veterinarian friend. He said there are usually two reasons for peeing in strange places: 1. a bladder infection 2. they like the texture of wherever they're peeing. The poop thing, I can't help you with. Can I just say, P-U?!
Good luck with the garage sale. We got lucky and joined some friends with our sale. We weren't even there. They sold the stuff for us and brought us the cash!
Post a Comment