Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Wedding Weekend

We spent the first weekend in August in Louisiana for my youngest cousin, Austin's wedding. I was fifteen years old when Austin was born and I babysat her often. Witnessing her wedding made me feel REALLY old!!
She got married at 5 p.m. OUTSIDE on August 2, 2008. I later heard that the temperature at 4 p.m. was 102! I don't ever recall it hitting 100 degrees during my entire life that I lived in Louisiana! Needless to say, we were HOT. I'm sure Austin was hot in her wedding gown, too.
We enjoyed seeing all of our family and the trip was too short - as it usually is. Peyton got a chance to spend some time with her second cousin, Laney, who is my cousin Summer's daughter. They had a ball dancing at the reception and were instant friends! Laney is almost exactly 1 year older than Peyton. Her birthday is October 30, 2004 and Peyton's is October 25, 2005. They were really cute to watch.
We also spent some time out at my father's farm. He has over 50 acres and Peyton loves going there to play with all the animals. I will post some pics of that later on.
Peyton waiting patiently for the wedding to start while sitting with Mimi (my mother)

My sister, Robin, and her husband of two months, Brent

These two pretty girls are my younger cousins, Summer (Laney's mother) and her older sister Rebecca. They are the bride's older sisters.

Laney was so hot, she decided to sit down & relax on her flower bucket!

Peyton was so hot she flashed her Cinderella panties to cool off!
Mr. and Mrs. Jonathan Vidrine
Peyton & Laney

Peyton & Laney

Laney, Austin and Peyton


2 comments:

Stacy Hutchinson said...

What adorable pictures! We had fun while you were here. Austin looked so beautiful. That reminds me.I need to send you some pictures...

Diane said...

Those are so cute. Your Mom looks so young. At first I thought it was you... then I read on. When do you start back to school