Sunday, March 15, 2009

No longer superstitious

Another Friday the 13th came and went and I have to say - it was probably one of the LUCKIEST days of my life!! As many of you already know, I have been in school for the past 2 years to get my Masters in Nursing with an option to take a certification exam to be a Women's Health Nurse Practitioner. I graduated in December and on Friday, I took my exam and.....



PASSED!!! I am now a Board Certified Women's Health Nurse Practitioner!!! Yea!! It was a very tough exam and I'm not saying that to say I'm super smart, but to say that on Wednesday night, 2 days before the exam, I was ready to reschedule it. Since I have been out of school, I had not been studying like my classmates had. In fact, I have had horrible headaches and migraines which made focusing on reading anything impossible!

So, two weeks ago, I began reading everything and between working at the hospital & the community college and having Peyton with me on my days off, I was averaging about 2 hours of study time each day - NOT enough! It wasn't until Thursday, the day before my test, that I was actually off work and Peyton wasn't with me. I took that opportunity to CRAM!!

While taking the test, I still didn't feel prepared so the only thing I can imagine is that for the first time in my life, I was a good GUESSER!

Another great thing that happend on Friday was that we got our IRS direct deposit. So...for very few minutes (before I began paying bills) we were RICH!!!

4 comments:

Stacy Hutchinson said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We're so excited for you, we know it's been looming on your mind for a while now. FREEDOM!!!! Oh, and I hope you enjoy your moment of wealth.

Lori said...

Congrats on passing! I could have told you that Friday the 13th was NOT a bad day (my grandparents got engaged and married on Friday the 13ths). I'm just glad that everything worked out alright!!

Lugo's said...

Congratulations. How exciting! Enjoy the wealth.

Michael Lavoie's Blog said...

Superstitious, muperstitious...I love the 13th, maybe that's because my birthday is on the 13th. I actually turned 13 on Friday the 13th that was a great birthday. I have now convinced Sydney as well that the 13th is an awesome day...she too has a 13th birthday. Hehehe. Anyways, Congratulations on all of your successes. That is so AWESOME!