Today I began my first series of "genetic" testing for old pregnant people. Anyone over the age of 35 will discuss her family history to determine the risk of genetic malformations, such as Down Syndrome. Today I had an ultrasound to view the nuchal translucency (NT) - which is the skin fold thickness of the neck and the nasal bone. The NT had to be greater than 3.0 to show a chance of Down Syndrome. Thankfully, it was 1.3 and the nasal bone was intact, another good sign. I also had to do the first round of my bloodwork that goes along with this series of genetic testing.
Andrew was able to meet me at my appointment and was so glad because he hadn't seen any of my ultrasounds 'live' since I was 6 weeks along. This time, the baby was moving all over like crazy! You could see distinct arms, legs, belly, face, etc. He was so excited!
1 comment:
I am so glad that everything looks good. I'll bet you are the cutest pregnant lady. I hope you continue to do well.
Post a Comment