Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Latest Pregnancy News

Last Wednesday night, I began having 'regular' contractions - about every 2-5 minutes for hours and hours until I fell asleep and went to bed. They weren't painful, just annoying because I kept wondering if I should go to the hospital (Keep in mind that I work there, in Labor and Delivery, and want to minimize any unnecessary trips to have my coworkers get up close & personal with me!) This contractions went off and on until I woke up very early Saturday morning having them regularly again...did I say "wake up"? Oh, I'm sorry! I only slept from 10:30 p.m. until 1:30 a.m. and then was WIDE AWAKE for the rest of the day!!

I decided I should probably go to the hospital to be checked out and knew one of my friends/co-workers was working that day. We dropped Peyton off at a friends house and made our way to the hospital. I was hoping that I would be more than the 1 cm I was in the office the Monday before...

I was put on the monitor and after an 'exam' was STILL only 1 cm - even though I was still contracting every 2-3 minutes. I left the hospital after getting 5 mg of morphine - via a shot in my arm AND another 5 mg shot in my butt! THEN, I got 100 mg pill of another drug to help me sleep/relax. Needless to say, I didn't fully awake from my sleep/coma until 2:30 p.m. on Sunday afternoon! I slept almost 24 hours - from 1:30 p.m. on Saturday, barely waking up then only to lie around snoozing all day until 'bedtime'.

I then had my LAST OB visit yesterday where I got 'checked' again and was...........yes, 1 cm!! Still!! He hasn't been moving as much as he was so when I told the doctor that, I got sent right back up to labor and delivery to be monitored and bought myself an ultrasound for further testing. After being gone from the house for almost 3 hours, we returned home with me and baby doing fine. I guess he's just gonna wait until Monday to make his grand debut...

No comments: