Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Report from my OB Visit Today

I saw my doctor today and it was the first visit that we were able to hear the heartbeat with with doppler - it was 169. I was able to hear the heartbeat right at 6 weeks when I had an ultrasound and then again last week at the high risk ultrasound, but this time Peyton was with me. I told her that we were going to the doctor and maybe we would get to hear our baby. When we got home, I was talking with her about it and I asked her if she remembered hearing the heartbeat. She said, "yeah" and I asked her what it sounded like and she said, "a car!" Well, I guess there's some truth to that!

Anyway, all is well at the doctor and no news to report. Luckily, I only lost 4 pounds since my visit 4 weeks ago. I confessed to my doctor that it would've been more (and it was as of last week), but I have been indulging in the hospital cafeteria's biscuit & gravy for breakfast about twice a week!! I know its bad and I shouldn't be eating it so often, but when its the only meal I'm really able to keep down, I'm enjoying it!! She laughed at me...then refilled my Zofran prescription!

For those of you who are pregnant and suffering from the acid, indigestion, constant burping, do yourself a favor and go to Walmart and buy yourself some Pepcid 20 mg - not 10 mg - and take one pill morning and night. In a few days, you should see some results...I hope!! I'm going to take my first one tonight!!! I'll try just about anything at this point!!

1 comment:

anchik66 said...

And who ever said that you're supposed to gain weight in pregnancy? I never did, just lost a bunch! Good luck girl! You know, this too shall pass, the puking, I mean.